Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The fastest man on Earth – as in running.



The fastest man on Earth – as in running.

It was 1979, I was wandering about bored out of my skull, deep in the bush of Rhodesia. Blackjacks seemed to have a thing with my socks – maybe they ponged a lot. That is very true.

Suddenly – there is the sound of gunshots. Above the sounds of my dying compatriots – I still recall the shout of advice ‘Gooks – run for your lives.’ Since it was I who screamed out the advice, I had a good head start.

There was a strange BOOM. My feet were on fire, my head aglow as I broke the sound barrier at 343 metres per second. I made Flash and Superman look like old age pensioners, staggering on A frames and filling their pants with urine and beer induced diarrhoea. Similar to what I was experiencing.

Back at HQ I told lots of porky pies and got a medal.

No comments: