Friday, February 28, 2020

Rhodie Tony goes to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.


Rhodie Tony goes to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

He thought it might be a good idea. His drinking had escalated to a point, that even the owner of the corner shop had complained his purchasing of all lighter fluid had made his sales in refillable lighters go up in smoke.

The meeting was held every Friday night at the local Girl Guide hall. So, with four winds to the sail, he rocks up as the meeting begins. He counts 22 people, but halves that after covering one eye. Finding an empty chair, he joins the group arranged in a semi- circle.

Some bird, dressed as a penguin, is in front of the group and starts to chirp
(In her head - Just smile and wave).

Good evening. So nice to see you all. I also notice we have three new members. I greet you. I am Sister Mary from the Holy Virgin Hole Church. I am here to guide you to a full recovery. But we always start with members who have been here the longest. We will start with Luke as Mark is not here tonight. Have you seen him? I gather (looks at notes), you have been now sober for more than 10 days.

Luke stands up.

Yes, I did see Mark on Wednesday, but so did many others. Not surprising as he was hanging by his neck from the towns May pole. Otherwise, it has been a rather boring week watching repetitions on TV of Trade in your wife for a second hand car.

He sits down.

Sister Mary, jots down a note. Rhodie Tony was only listening with half an ear as the other half was ringing bells. He was fascinated by the gallery of gilt framed photos of former Girl Guides who had achieved the Chief Scout
s award. His eyes wandered to the trophy cabinet wondering if the mens world cup, rugby trophy might be in there.

Now, perhaps, Magdalena, would tell us all about your week. You have been sober for how long now?

Magdalena stands up.

Since my last benefits cheque.

She sits down.

Yes, that is wonderful. Perhaps new member, with the raincoat on, could introduce himself, explain why you are here? Sister Mary smiles a benign smile of deep felt love for the human race.

My name is the real, Slim Shady, and I am 56, by profession a Rap artist. I admit I am an alcoholic, but wish to change my ways.

Splendid, to come out is the first step to achieving that goal. What exactly is a Rap Artist? Please elaborate to the group.

I like to get drunk, and then dressed in this filthy raincoat, I hang around at traffic lights, and when they on red and some sexy bint is driving, I rap on her window and expose my art work.

Sister Mary, hides her blushes. Rhodie Tony can
t believe what he is hearing. This was bringing a tear to his eyes.

And, I wouldnt even be here if that sick fuck the judge told me to come, clean up my act or face 4 years in the slammer with a load of bum artists rapping at my rear door.

He sits down.

Tony cannot fathom this at all, the terrible pain and mental anguish these poor souls were going through. His shoulders started to shake. He takes a sneaky swig of Swan
s lighter fluid. Boost his Dutch courage for when it is his turn.

Sister Mary rearranges her black robe, flashing a neat pair of ankles. Tony took mental note.

The lady dressed as a back ally whore, would you like to tell us all your name and why you are here.

Chewing gum, scratching at exposed hairy armpits and reeking of a mixture of a maggot ridden dustbin and the slops from a gin distillery, she stands up.

Me fekkin name is Ruth. I am 17. Me pimp sent me here said customers complain that I was like fuckin a pickled whale. Eee said - Fekkin get ya self sorted cos not enough sick fucks who fuck dead people around to finance my habit.

She sits down.

Tony was now full of attention. His body was convulsing, in shaken sympathy for these lost souls but
he had to get a grip on himself, as a speechless Sister Mary of the Holy Virgin Hole, waggled a fluttering hand in his direction. The other hand? Tony thought she was fondling her own breasts, but realised she was just doing that up, down, left and right stuff.

Tony stood up, his chest fit to burst with emotions for his fellow sufferers. This was ground breaking stuff. Not surprising as he did a ROFL. Standing up and dusting down his Hugo Boss, charcoal grey suit, complemented with a pure white satin, long sleeve shirt, exposing a hint of sleeve flashing gold cufflinks, with a naughty glint of a diamond.

Greetings, you bunch of sick fucks. Lend me your ears. My name is Rhodie Tony I am immortal, pissed out of my box, need a drink as my tongue tastes like sandpaper as if I tried to have given Sister Marys holy hole a lick in time to save time, BUT

Tony holds up a small piece of cardboard -

This my fellow sufferers, is pieces in our time as this is a scratch card with 5000 pounds win. I only came here for a laugh now, drinks on me at the Nag Gives Head pub. Whos coming?

Tony walks to the door. Followed by everyone. Even Sister Mary, as she rips off her habit of wearing one, exposing a sexy body in jeans and, braless, a tight white T-shirt - nipples taunt with expectation.

Stay tuned as Rhodie Tony becomes an astronaut.



No comments: