Saturday, June 01, 2013

Ryk Basson – RIP



It has been a hard and painful week. A very good friend passed away at the age of 54 from a heart attack. We were at school together. It was only ten years ago that a great friendship started. By that time I was out of my head and he was a successful dentist in Croyden and living in Kent, UK.

Ryk always supported me in my endeavour to get myself a decent education and write books. He also became a much loved person by my kids and ex. He was generous to extremes with many people and will be severely missed by family, friends, staff and customers.

 Go well my china.

Ryk, back row, last on the right

3 comments:

Avartist said...

I am so sorry to hear this. RIP Ryk.|

Mike Short.

Avartist said...

I am so sorry to hear this. RIP Ryk.|

Mike Short.

Anonymous said...

Ryk was in my class at Mount Pleasant High School. We were not close but he was a good bloke, sportsman and very sound academically. I am sorry to hear that he died at a young age.